Subject: BitPlanesBitMap
From: Dave Cole <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Blitz)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 1994 10:15:21 +1000 (EST)

G'day All,
  The command BitPlanesBitMap seems to be what I'm looking for (to
use as a shadow/steam effect), but I'd like a little more info on
it.

The syntax is:
  BitPlanesBitMap ScrBitMap, DestBitMap, PlanePick

Now I gather ScrBitMap is the ScreenBitMap Object number, and
PlanePick, is the BitPlane(s) you want to work on.  However,
what is the DestBitMap??  Can this be the same as the ScrBitMap??
Is this another bitmap with only the number of planes given by
PlanePick or what?

  I understand this command would be used to allow drawing on an
actual bitplane of a bitmap.  Am I correct in this interpretation?

Any info greatly appreciated,
Dave

-----------------------------------------------------------
Dave Cole                      | Please contact me for info 
[email-masked]  | about
[email-masked]   |        The Warhammer 
[email-masked]   |         Compendium
-----------------------------------------------------------